I made this up based on the ingredients I had at the time, and they were a real favorite! If you ever lack inspiration, just have a look at what's in your fridge. Don't find a recipe and then scramble to get the required ingredients together. Start with what you have, and create something from there.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs (or savory crackers)
- ¼ cup diced red onion (any onion or celery)
- 1 diced jalapeño peppe (any sweet pepper)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (or cilantro/dill/basil)
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (or peas, broccoli, carrots)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (any cheese)
- 1 cup Mexican feta cheese (any cheese)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (or sour cream or Greek yoghurt)
- 2 cans tuna (or salmon/chicken)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Paprika (any chili powder)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut pastry sheets into quarters and roll slightly.
- Spoon 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of filling onto the center of the square.
- Bring the corners to the center and pinch the sides together.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 380°F till puffed and golden.