We do love steak tartare. It’s super easy to make, and looks rather exotic once plated. Serve with some tortilla chips to add some crunch and pair with a full-bodied red. If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out!
- 1 lbs beef fillet
- 4 tbsp red onion (or shallots)
- 4 tbsp break and butter pickels
- 1 tbso capers
- 1 tbso Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lime
- olive oil (optional)
- Chop steak, onion, pickles and capers finely.
- Add mustard to the mix.
- Make a well and place egg yolk in the center. Serve with slice lime and mustard to taste.
- We serve it with Tortilla Chips for added deliciousness and a bit of salty crunch. You can also drizzle some olive oil over the top. Note: Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.